Soundtransformations, Michael Ormiston & Candida Valentino Web Pages
“Du Dire Au Faire Au Milieu La Mer” (Amina 2006SP)
Live recording of the Music from the dance/live painting performance
in Geneva on 7th September 2002
The music on this CD was devised and composed in collaboration with Fabrice & Gilbert Mazliah for their “dance & live painting” multi media performance piece “Du dire au faire, au Milieu la mer”.
It was premiered at le Manège Theatre Space, Onex, Genève, Switzerland on 4th September 2002.
This is the 7th September 2002 performance.
All Titles composed/arranged by Michael Ormiston © Michael Ormiston 2002
1. Intro :12mins : audience steps on metal plates, prepared hung acoustic guitar.
2. Terre :6 mins processed overtone singing loop, prepared hung acoustic guitar, spring drum, processed
shaker loop & cymbals.
3. Matière : 5mins : Bowed & rubbed long string plus instrumentation as in Terre.
4. Extérieur/Intérieur : 15 mins : Tibetan Singing Bowls, bowed gong & bells and Indian temple field recording
(made by Gilbert)
5. Image de la mort, le feu: 9 mins : Gong loop, western undertone singing, khöömii (overtone) singing and
6. Métamorphosis : 10 mins : Processed el. Guitar loop, “ebow” el. Guitar, shawm, prepared hung acoustic
guitar & cymbals.
7. Dissolution : 4 mins : Tibetan singing bowl loop & bowed Indian “banjo”.
8. Renaissance Pt 1 : 7 mins : Processed Tibetan singing bowl, el guitar, Gilbert & Fabrice.
9. Renaissance Pt2/Face à Face : 8 mins 32 : Vocal beat box, metal rain, bowed gong & overtone singing
Thank you to Gilbert & Fabrice for their inspiration & encouragement, Pierre, Nicolas, J-Pierre, all at Le Managè,
Candida for being with me & Amina without whom I would not be here.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to buy